A day at the nursery

My wife wanted to go to the nursery to buy some plants and flowers for her school, so . While she went about doing her busines, I got busy shooting all the beautiful flowers around. The light was wonderfully soft then (it had been raining and was actually threatening to rain again!), but there was still more than enough light to shoot with a decent shutter speed.

Here is a selection of what I've shot. All were shot handheld with a 50mm f/1.7 with extension tubes attached at ISO200. With the depth of field wafer thin when shooting macro, and a soft wind blowing, I used burst mode to increase my chances of getting a sharp shot. It was tough, but in the end I got what I wanted.










2 comments:

January 19, 2010 at 4:54 PM Unknown said...

hey you got some really good shots there!!

January 29, 2010 at 10:02 PM Perry R. Lim said...

Thanks! Tida sia-sia juga pigi nursery.

 
ss_blog_claim=5b747ea34e513b121a74ecf8c956234f