Photo Essay: The Cross-country Race

The school in which I teach at had their cross-country race today, and I was the designated photographer. Ain't that great? I decided to use this opportunity to get lots of practice with my 135mm prime lens. I'm really starting to grow on this lens. I like it because for the focal length, I get f/2.8, which I really like. And the bokeh is quite nice, too! The only downside is that it takes a bit more time to focus as it's a manual focus lens, but I still enjoy using it. So, most of the shots below were shot with this lens. The only other lens I used was the kit 18-55mm lens for it's wider angle.

There'll be 18 shots in all. It's gonna take a while to load!


Rounding up the students


Get ready here, not there!

Amusement


Over-seeing the final preparations


Briefing


All ears


The starting line


Running fashion


The warm-up


Waiting for the word


Release!


The way to do it


Going for it


All heated up

Light speed


Winners' table


Tired but done


Keeping score

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=5b747ea34e513b121a74ecf8c956234f